What do you when the work is done and you have the end of project high? In this episode of Getting Work To Work, I talk about the practical things you can do: backing up and archiving the work, delivering final files, and having a hand-off checklist. I also share ways to keep in touch with your client as well as what to get from them in terms of testimonials and referrals.
7 Things You Can Do To Keep In Touch With Your Clients After The Work Is Done
- Be unexpected. For me, I love sending hand-written thank you cards.
- Ask for testimonials for your own marketing.
- Keep in touch over a designated period of time. Using a CRM tool will help keep track of the last time you were in contact with your client.
- Connect people to your clients whenever possible. I love to brag about my clients.
- Ask for referrals.
- Have lunch or coffee with your clients.
- Ask to add your client to your email newsletter