It’s that time of year when content creators are taking a moment to pause, reflect, and plan for next year. It could be looking at the themes you want to cover for the coming year, new project ideas, or people you want to interview. You may want to address that one sticking point in your process to increase flow from start to finish. No matter what it is, I hope you enjoy the planning process and consider the addition of a few areas to reflect upon, such as enjoyment, depth, increased authenticity, and worrying less about what other people think of you. I feel that 2024 will be a noisy year from start to finish, with a lot of drama—real and manufactured—so the more you can be in touch with your voice at the beginning, the better off you’ll be as the year unfolds.
10 reflection questions for you to ponder as you plan for 2024 and beyond:
- What is your level of enjoyment in the production of your projects?
- How easy is it to share your work with others?
- What is the cost of your obsession with relevance?
- What is the value of your work?
- How is consistency holding you back from evolving your work to the next stage of its existence?
- Is your content structure and format stale?
- Are you sacrificing your vision for likes, follows, and making the audience happy?
- Are you over-relying upon reviews and vanity metrics?
- How are you dumbing down your audience?
- How do you want your voice to show up in this project?
- Rise of the Youpreneur: The Definitive Guide to Becoming the Go-To Leader in Your Industry and Building a Future-Proof Business by Chris Ducker
- Terrifier (2016)
- Terrifier on Indiegogo
- Terrifier 2 (2022)
- Terrifier 2 on Indiegogo
- Midjourney prompt for episode art: planning content projects –ar 16:9