Podcast: Download (Duration: 48:28 — 45.6MB)
What does it mean to be creative? Is it something that you can just add to a project, like salt or easily accessible energy? Is it something that is part of a process or something that we label creative at the end of a lengthy project? These are a few of the questions that I explore with Matt Gardner—a digital product designer from London—in this interview episode of Getting Work To Work. Right out of the gate we dive into what it means to master our crafts in an age where industries and technologies change so quickly. From there, we move into the importance of self-awareness, teamwork, building habits, triggers for creativity, and how Matt thinks of the future as a sense of vectors or directions instead of goals. A fascinating conversation that really has me thinking about what it means to be creative.
- Designer Matt Gardner on overcoming the pressure to be a ‘creative’ creative
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business by Charles Duhigg
- Photo by Hudson Hintze on Unsplash
- Support Getting Work To Work on ChrisMartinStudios.shop!
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter: The Curiosity Lab