This week I have been spending some time writing about and sharing a new service offering with a few friends. It’s something I have wanted to do for two years and I never felt ready. I was always waiting for something. More education, more influence, more money, some internal thermometer like in a Thanksgiving turkey that would pop up letting me know I’m ready. In this episode of Getting Work To Work, I’m going to share a few ways that you can identify the things you are waiting for or dreams to chase after and how you can get started today.
Eight Ways You Can Identify What You Are Waiting For and Start Bringing It To Life Today:
- Identify what you want to do and write it down.
- Label the things keeping you in a holding pattern.
- Do something small every day.
- Set goals and deadlines.
- Define and refine as you go along. Your vision will change as you accomplish goals and grow in your expertise.
- Talk to someone about what you want to do.
- Be willing to make mistakes.
- Take risks in some areas but stay stable in others.
- 99U – Adam J. Kurtz: Perfection Is a Myth
- Brain Pickings: Mary Oliver on Time, Concentration, the Artist’s Task, and the Central Commitment of the Creative Life
- Support Getting Work To Work on ChrisMartinStudios.shop!
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter: The Curiosity Lab