Earlier this week, I heard this at a leadership breakfast: “The best leaders understand they are never fully formed.” This relates to the journey of being a creative professional in how we embrace the dissonance and stress found in fighting perfectionism and being willing to make mistakes. In this episode, I share five ways to overcome the desire to only put forth a perfect image and how to embrace the messiness of process.
Five Ways To Share The Process Of Your Work
- Fight the urge to only show finished, polished, perfect work.
- Share sketches, fragments, and ideas. They won’t distract from the end result.
- Communicate to your clients about your process and why sharing is paramount to your growth and the project’s success.
- Challenge your thinking on a daily basis.
- Regardless of your age, you can learn something new. Relevance is not reserved for the youth.