Podcast: Download (Duration: 9:15 — 12.8MB)
You landed a dream project. Everything is off to a great start when something goes wrong. What do you do when a project abruptly ends? In this episode of Getting Work To Work, I share five important things to remember when projects go awry including a very important rule: never publicly shame or blame your client.
5 Things To Remember When Things Go Wrong
- Never, ever publicly blame or shame your client. Step away from social media.
- Establish standard operating procedures and follow them. They are in place to protect you when things go well and when they go wrong.
- Learn how to learn from your mistakes. Be quick to change processes and procedures, but be slow to change core values.
- See things from your clients’ perspective in order to improve future relationships.
- Get back to work, so you can protect the relationship with your work. Insecurity is hard to recover from.
- Support Getting Work To Work on ChrisMartinStudios.shop!
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter: The Curiosity Lab