Podcast: Download (Duration: 44:11 — 63.9MB)
What are the massive issues of the day you are tackling with your work? From understanding how systems affect behavior and relationships to the value of creative labor and equity for artists, today’s guest on Getting Work To Work does not shy away from complex and challenging issues. Jenie Gao is a full-time artist and entrepreneur who creates incredible works of art, from printmaking to public art. On top of that, she also curates exhibits and experiences that tell diverse stories. In our conversation, Jenie talks about the power of creativity as an innate force for change, why entrepreneurship is for artists, and how artists can be visionary leaders and change-makers. She even shares the exact moment she wanted to be an artist and what type of art she would do.
- Jenie Gao Studio
- Shop Jenie Gao Studio
- The Social Dilemma
- Call Them by Their True Names: American Crises (and Essays) by Rebecca Solnit
- The Three-Body Problem by Cixin Liu. Translated by Ken Liu.
- The Paper Menagerie and Other Stories by Ken Liu
- On Earth We’re Briefly Gorgeous by Ocean Vuong
- Photo by RhondaK Native Florida Folk Artist on Unsplash
- Support Getting Work To Work on ChrisMartinStudios.shop!
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter: The Curiosity Lab