A question I’ve been asking myself a lot this week as I reflect on what I’ve experienced in 2020 is this: What do you do when you feel like you have lost all confidence in your creative abilities? There have been tremendous learning opportunities throughout the year. I have had to overcome my pride and stubbornness by asking for help. Instead of increasing my confidence as I worked through situation after situation, I told myself stories about failure and doubt. And if you are in this same place of doubt and searching to transform negative stories into positive habits, I’m going to share seven ways you can regain your confidence.
Seven ways to regain your confidence when you have none:
- Uniqueness is found in action, not in thought.
- Unroot the stories that erode your confidence.
- Acknowledge the loss.
- Embrace new challenges.
- Define the next level and step toward it.
- Lean on others for support.
- Discover your north star.
- Rebuilding Confidence (GWTW184)
- Diane Gibbs / Recharging You
- Wise as Fu*k: Simple Truths to Guide You Through the Sh*tstorms of Life by Gary John Bishop
- “Filmmaking for Life” with Beth Harrington and Kelley Baker (BYI01)
- “Your Adventurous Life” with Maryann Rembsburg (GWTW469)
- Gabe Ratliff /Gathora
- Photo by Markus Spiske on Unsplash
- Support Getting Work To Work on ChrisMartinStudios.shop!
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter: The Curiosity Lab