Podcast: Download (Duration: 12:48 — 22.9MB)
My mind is wrestling with how to stay creative and productive as I grow older. Naturally, I think about technology and ensuring I use the latest and greatest cameras and equipment. But as I look at my actual process versus what is idealistic and even fantastical, I realize I’m a few years behind. That’s because there are more important values and ideals in my life and, ultimately, my business. Before you indict me as an anti-technological heretic, I will make my case for what could possibly be more important than the latest and great technology.
Seven things better than technology:
- The curiosity to explore.
- The ability to converse with anyone.
- Muscle memory for when you forget how to do something.
- The willingness to take a chance.
- DIY (do it yourself) and UWYG (use what you got).
- Resilience to see projects through to the end.
- An open mind to new possibilities and technologies.
- Gnar Country: Growing Old, Staying Rad by Steven Kotler
- Gnar Country
- Photo by Joris Berthelot on Unsplash