Podcast: Download (Duration: 16:52 — 24.2MB)
I don’t know about you, but I’ve felt the fear found in being lost before, both literally and figuratively. Neither are pleasant experiences and fill you with equal amounts of despair and delight, but they are potent opportunities to learn about yourself and what’s important to you. In this episode of Getting Work To Work, I’m going to explore the desert I’m currently lost in and why I have purposefully entered this barren land. I’m also going to share six lessons I’m learning as I look for a way out.
Six lessons I’m learning in the desert of my mind:
- Take time every day to make a map.
- Figure out what your compass will be.
- Know the right times to travel and to rest.
- Ration your resources and keep your eyes open for more.
- Build community with fellow wayfinders.
- Prepare for the day you will leave the desert.
- Wayfinding: The Science and Mystery of How Humans Navigate the World by M.R. O’Connor
- Photo by Wolfgang Hasselmann on Unsplash
- Support Getting Work To Work on ChrisMartinStudios.shop!
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter: The Curiosity Lab