Podcast: Download (Duration: 9:50 — 13.6MB)
In this episode of Getting Work To Work, I share a model for learning how to learn. Before you start, you need to establish a system that you are going to use to track your learning journey. From there, you make a list, get started, ask specific questions, apply and practice, and reflect.
- Make a list.
- What do you want to learn?
- Where can you go to learn it?
- Who do you know that knows it?
- Get Started.
- Download it, break it, change it, build it, draw it.
- This process reveals what you need to know and what you don’t know.
- Add it to your list.
- Ask Specific Questions.
- As you practice, you’ll have questions. Eventually, it will be time to ask them.
- Apply and Practice.
- Reflect Upon Your Journey.
- The Artist’s Way by Julia Cameron
- Getting Things Done by David Allen
- Power of Negotiation by Vanessa Van Edwards
- Support Getting Work To Work on ChrisMartinStudios.shop!
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter: The Curiosity Lab