J. Blake Fichera is a TV editor, author of Scored to Death: Conversations with Some of Horror’s Greatest Composers, musician, and podcast co-host of Saturday Night Movie Sleepovers. In this episode of Getting Work To Work, we seriously talk about everything from the process of writing Scored to Death and interviewing his heroes to the three songs in the soundtrack to his life.
A few quotes from this episode:
- On writing Scored to Death: “Something like this didn’t exist and I wanted to read a book like this. So, I decided to do it myself.”
- “I was also very much trying to find a collection of composers who had different points of view.”
- Joseph Bishara to J. Blake Fichera: “Here I am sitting as a peer among my heroes and that’s because of you.
- On Saturday Night Movie Sleepovers: “It’s nostalgia, it’s background information, it’s film theory, and it’s fun.”
- “It’s easy to find time for the things that you really want to do.”
- “Whatever I was into, whatever I was watching, my mom would sit down and kind of share that experience with me.”
- Scored to Death: Conversations with Some of Horror’s Greatest Composers by J. Blake Fichera
- Scored to Death Companion Playlist on Spotify
- Dark Delicacies — Home of Horror in Burbank, CA
- John Carpenter Track-by-Track Breakdown for Anthology Movie Themes
- Saturday Night Movie Sleepovers
- J. Blake New York City Blues
- Video Watchdog
- Support Getting Work To Work on ChrisMartinStudios.shop!
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter: The Curiosity Lab