I’ve always been fascinated by work, leadership, and entrepreneurship. In many ways, I’ve become obsessed with my work, always working, even when resting. But lately, my eyes have been opening to the reality and necessity of self-care so I can live a more functional, beautiful, and glorious life. Your work ultimately won’t work if your body, mind, and spirit don’t work. And I learned this lesson most recently from a series of books. I know not surprising, but the book that had the most significant impact on my well-being might surprise you.
Six things I learned from The Game that can help you get your life to work:
- Have a life outside of the game.
- Don’t be a soulless robot.
- Application is more powerful than skills alone.
- Make time for friends and family.
- Don’t ignore the warning signs that the game is taking over your life.
- Don’t delay in seeking help.
- Endurance: My Year in Space, A Lifetime of Discovery by Scott Kelly
- The Right Stuff by Tom Wolfe
- The Choe Show
- Emergency: This Book Will Save Your Life by Neil Strauss
- The Game: Penetrating the Secret Society of Pickup Artists by Neil Strauss
- Photo by Shaun Low on Unsplash
- Support Getting Work To Work on ChrisMartinStudios.shop!
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter: The Curiosity Lab