Are you failing at greater things? A fascinating question inspired from a quote in my journal one year ago. I think a lot about failure, mainly as something to avoid at all cost. But what’s interesting is that failure is a lot like salt in cooking: without it, food is bland and boring, and too much will kill your heart over time. Is there a better way to approach failure that allows me to chase after greater things? I think so.
Quotes Referenced in this Episode:
“The point of life is to fail at greater and greater things.” – Droidmaker
Five ways to fail at greater things:
- Separate risk from failure.
- Identify areas of complacency.
- Ship, share, reflect, and learn.
- Collaborate with people not like you.
- Remember that failure isn’t your identity, just one important component of the creative process.