Podcast: Download (Duration: 11:40 — 17.0MB)
For the past two years, I have been thinking about solutions to a specific problem: Making episodes of Getting Work To Work more searchable and discoverable. It took me two years and a realization that I would probably have to do something drastic. Translation: a ton of work. Two weeks ago, I couldn’t get the idea of creating a dedicated site for Getting Work To Work out of my mind. I decided to move all of the show content from a subsection of my production company website to a dedicated site for the podcast. Not only was it a massive data migration project that had issues along the way, but it was also a huge learning opportunity. I saw firsthand how much has changed over 446 episodes. I also had a few epiphanies on how I can move forward. In this episode, I’m going to share what I learned through this exploration and how you can explore your body of work for growth opportunities.
5 things I learned in exploring the evolution of GWTW:
- The show is a time capsule of my life.
- My process has evolved and streamlined over time.
- Tools have changed.
- My vocal delivery has improved.
- Broken media links for the first 59 episodes.
The main question I’m asking myself is: Where do I go from here?
- Waves Content Creator Audio Toolkit
- Photo by Ambitious Creative Co. – Rick Barrett on Unsplash
- Support Getting Work To Work on ChrisMartinStudios.shop!
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter: The Curiosity Lab