Podcast: Download (Duration: 12:11 — 16.8MB)
Lately I have had a hard time daydreaming about the future as I drift off to sleep at night. This usually happens when I find myself not learning new things or expanding my mind. In this episode of Getting Work To Work, I ask two questions: 1) When do you know it’s time for you to expand your mind? 2) How do you expand your mind and broaden your thinking? I answer the second question by sharing 10 ways to do just thought.
Ten Ways To Expand Your Mind and Broaden Your Thinking
- Seek to remove your internal biases.
- Reflect on the world and the problems that can be solved.
- Ask questions.
- Listen to understand, not to respond or retort.
- Embrace history.
- Accept you won’t always be right.
- Learn something new; apply it to what you know.
- Ask for recommendations from others.
- Join and participate in community.
- Build a diverse library that empowers you to learn.
- Amusing Ourselves to Death by Neil Postman
- Walden by Henry David Thoreau
- I Like Comics in Vancouver, WA
- Support Getting Work To Work on ChrisMartinStudios.shop!
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter: The Curiosity Lab