Podcast: Download (Duration: 10:36 — 15.2MB)
In a conversation with a friend, we were talking about our businesses and I asked the question: Where is the line between everything and enough? The root of this question is found in the desire to avoid burnout at all cost. When I consistently give everything I have to my work, I have nothing left for my life. But when I give just enough, the feelings of guilt and imposter syndrome rear their heads. In this episode of Getting Work To Work, I’m going to explore the line between everything and enough.
In his book, Get Weird, CJ Casciotta writes: “It doesn’t matter if it’s not perfect, it matters if it comes from you…. Your weirdness is our gain. Your perfection is our loss.”
4 Questions to Ask Yourself When Establishing the Line Between Everything and Enough:
- What is the minimum level of standard for your work?
- How would you chart your growth attitude?
- When you dive into your work history, what have been the outcomes of giving just enough and giving it everything?
- Where do you want the line to be for you?
- Get Weird: Discover the Surprising Secret to Making a Difference by CJ Casciotta
- Support Getting Work To Work on ChrisMartinStudios.shop!
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter: The Curiosity Lab