How do you take all of your disparate interests and bring them together into a cohesive whole? This is a question that sums up a few thoughts and conversations I’ve had this week. In a world of ones and zeroes, we seem to be in pain if we don’t fit into a binary model. I see this in creative businesses a lot. There’s a lot of anguish when there is confusion with defining niches, audiences, or offerings. Instead of worrying about what’s right, what if we made our own map?
Six answers to “How do you take all of your disparate interests and bring them together into a cohesive whole?”
- Get clear.
- Get dirty.
- Get nuclear.
- Make stuff.
- Build relationships.
- Create your own map.
- Jack’s Toons
- Interview with Jack Kent (GWTW102)
- “Squawk & Roll” with Jack Kent (GWTW173)
- Make Your Own Map to Make Novel Connections by Tim Kastelle
- Photo by Dennis Kummer on Unsplash
- The (Seven Deadly) Curiosity Killers
- Support Getting Work To Work on ChrisMartinStudios.shop!
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter: The Curiosity Lab