A student once said they wanted nothing to do with leadership. That got me thinking, what was their definition of leadership? Was it about larger than life characters, such as Steve Jobs or Walt Disney? Or maybe a negative reaction to what they saw on the news? In this episode of Getting Work To Work, I talk about leadership in the context of creative professionalism and share six ways that you are a leader.
Six Ways You Are A Leader
- You have a vision or direction for your work.
- To be great, you embrace the sacrifice and commitment necessary to learn, grow, and create.
- You have the courage to create, even when you don’t want to.
- You participate and build community by reaching out and being available to others.
- You speak boldly and defiantly about your creative work.
- You act. You make. You produce. That makes you a leader.