Kelley Baker, affectionately known as the Angry Filmmaker, is one of my favorite people. Not only is he a filmmaker, sound designer, and editor, but he is also an author, having penned several collections of short stories and non-fiction books. In this conversation, Kelley and I travel the shores of comfortable and uncomfortable topics: from the joys of eavesdropping and the curse of remembering too much to influences and the origin of ideas. We talk about his latest book of short stories, Dennis Barton is a Bastard and Other Stories, telling the truth in art, and how to continue growing and evolving as an artist. Most importantly, Kelley preaches the gospel of independents and how every one of us can support independent artists with our time, money, and attention.
- Kelley Baker, the Angry Filmmaker
- Interview with Kelley Baker (GWTW84)
- In the Blink of an Eye: A Perspective on Film Editing, 2nd Edition by Walter Murch
- I Am Brian Wilson by Brian Wilson with Ben Greenman
- Heath Dollar
- The New Farm
- Curiosity Builders
- Support Getting Work To Work on ChrisMartinStudios.shop!
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter: The Curiosity Lab