I was struck by a phrase Marshall McLuhan said, “The future of the future is the present.” As I consider what is being said, I think that the future is built through your actions today, not getting stuck in the quicksand of the past or daydreaming the day away. In this episode of Getting Work To Work, I’m going to share four ways that you can build your future today from knowing where you are to knowing where you are going.
Four ways to build the future today:
- Know what needs to get done today.
- Write down your goals for next year and work backward to today with monthly, weekly, and daily tasks.
- Dream bigger than you think is possible.
- Seek excellence and continuous improvement.
- This is Marshall McLuhan: The Medium is the Message
- Principles: Life and Work by Ray Dalio
- Adam Croft
- Support Getting Work To Work on ChrisMartinStudios.shop!
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter: The Curiosity Lab