If you have 40 hours to invest in the advancement of your career, where should you focus? Do you focus on the skills directly related to your job or on something else entirely? Mark Herschberg, the author of The Career Toolkit, Essential Skills for Success That No One Taught You, is here to explain why focusing on leadership, networking, negotiation, teamwork, and effective communication can have a more significant impact on your career. In this conversation, Mark shares his passion for learning how people can get the most out of their lives. We talk about how to level up, the importance of a strong network, what leadership is in practice and reality, and the core fundamentals of communication.
- The Career Toolkit
- Career plan questions from The Career Toolkit
- Dynamic Communication: 27 Strategies to Grow, Lead, and Manage Your Business by Jill Schiefelbein
- The Charisma Myth: How Anyone Can Master the Art and Science of Personal Magnetism by Olivia Fox Cabane
- Range: Why Generalists Triumph in a Specialized World by David Epstein
- Photo by Clark Van Der Beken on Unsplash
- Support Getting Work To Work on ChrisMartinStudios.shop!
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter: The Curiosity Lab