What instantly enters your mind when you hear the phrase “slacking off”? How about “slacking off for fun and profit”? If you’re anything like myself and many others, guilt, shame, laziness are right there, not to mention bonbons. Michael Arnold, the author of Slacking Off: A Successful Way to Work From Home, is today’s guest on Getting Work To Work and he wants you to know that slacking off is a good thing for us. Not only does it boost our creativity, but it also increases our productivity. In this conversation, we talk about his entrepreneurial journey and relationship with working and slacking off, the importance of learning from failures, not just successes, why self-love matters, and the best gift he gives his readers: more time.
- Slacking Off: A Successful Way to Work From Home by Michael W Arnold
- Joe Rogan Experience #1470 – Elon Musk
- Yes Man (2008)
- Uncut Gems (2019)
- Never Split the Difference: Negotiating As If Your Life Depended On It by Chris Voss with Tahl Raz
- The War of Art: Break Through the Blocks and Win Your Inner Creative Battles by Steven Pressfield
- The Great Conversation (Great Books of the Western World)
- Illusions: The Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah by Richard Bach
- Photo by Rob Mulally on Unsplash
- Support Getting Work To Work on ChrisMartinStudios.shop!
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter: The Curiosity Lab