How would you describe your best work that you not only need to start, but also finish? What is the cost of not doing your best work? Who are the people in your success packs? These are three questions that author Charlie Gilkey addresses in his latest book, Start Finishing. In this interview episode of Getting Work To Work, Charlie brings his background as a Joint Force Military Logistics Coordinator, PhD student, and entrepreneur to discuss what your best work is, the unified self, being creative giants, projects as mirrors and bridges, failure and success, and constructive creativity vs. creative destruction.
- Charlie Gilkey
- Productive Flourishing
- Start Finishing: How to Go From Idea to Done by Charlie Gilkey
- Story: Substance, Structure, Style and the Principles of Screenwriting by Robert McKee
- The Dip: A Little Book That Teaches You When to Quit (and When to Stick) by Seth Godin
- Triggers: Creating Behavior That Lasts—Becoming the Person You Want to Be by Marshall Goldsmith & Mark Reiter
- Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones by James Clear
- Photo by Marvin Ronsdorf on Unsplash
- Support Getting Work To Work on ChrisMartinStudios.shop!
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter: The Curiosity Lab