Podcast: Download (Duration: 14:20 — 20.3MB)
I have a special relationship with feedback: I don’t really like it. I don’t seek it out. It fills me with a sense of paranoia and anxiety. I’m always amazed with others who seem to have a supernatural power of constantly seeking feedback from anyone. How do they do it? Why can’t I be that way? In this episode of Getting Work To Work, I’m going to explore self-assessment, feedback, and whether we are seeking improvement or validation.
5 Thoughts for Seeking Feedback:
- Don’t confuse your need for validation with improvement.
- Make a list of people whose opinion matters most.
- Find professionals whose expertise is beyond your own.
- Remove your ego from the equation.
- Seek balance between external feedback and internal self-assessment.
- Dunning-Kruger effect
- Support Getting Work To Work on ChrisMartinStudios.shop!
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter: The Curiosity Lab