Feast and famine, the Tortoise and the Hare, sustainability and burnout. When it comes to running our creative businesses, the rise and fall of our energy, bank accounts, and dreams is a challenge to control. In this episode of Getting Work To Work, I’m going to share some thoughts about searching for sustainability, the importance of setting goals that you consistently seek to achieve, and why escaping the tyranny of today is critical to long-term success.
Three Ways to Build Discipline:
- Set goals and go after them, consistently, every day, regardless of how you feel. What is the daily threshold you need to meet?
- Know when to keep moving and when to stop, slow down, or rest. Did you meet your daily threshold? If not, keep going.
- Think long-term, don’t forget where you headed, and escape the tyranny of today.
- Great by Choice: Uncertainty, Chaos, and Luck–Why Some Thrive Despite Them All by Jim Collins & Morten T. Hansen
- Support Getting Work To Work on ChrisMartinStudios.shop!
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter: The Curiosity Lab