One of the books I have been enjoying this summer is Rest: Why You Get More Done When You Work Less by Alex Soojung-Kim Pang. It is a scientific exploration of why rest is important, both in the establishing and sustaining of our creative lives. In this episode of Getting Work To Work, I talk about recovery, rest, and share eight ways you can refuel your creative life.
Eight Ways You Can Refuel Your Life Once You Press The Reset Switch
- Reconnect with the things you love to do and do them well!
- Remove the guilt of needing to take a break and detach from your work.
- Relax in your own way.
- Connect with new experiences.
- Rediscover and reevaluate your daily routines and work processes.
- Get out of town!
- Consume for pleasure: read books, watch movies, and listen to music.
- Get physical.