Hot on the heels of last week’s episode—QUESTIONS & CHANGES—I’ve been thinking a lot about how to go about reinventing myself. In this episode of Getting Work To Work, I’m going to share a few ideas gleaned from conversations with friends, wisdom from books, and random early morning thoughts.
I love this quote from The Happiness Hypothesis: Finding Modern Truth in Ancient Wisdom by Jonathan Haidt: “Happiness requires changing yourself and changing your world. It requires pursuing your own goals and fitting in with others.”
Seven Ways to Start the Reinvention Process
- Cast a wide net.
- Make a list.
- Connect with other people.
- Read a lot of books.
- Don’t forsake the past, look for seeds of future growth.
- Keep on making and sharing your work.
- Be patient and kind.
- The Happiness Hypothesis: Finding Modern Truth in Ancient Wisdom by Jonathan Haidt
- Stretch: How to Future-Proof Yourself for Tomorrow’s Workplace by Karie Willyerd & Barbara Mistick
- Support Getting Work To Work on ChrisMartinStudios.shop!
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter: The Curiosity Lab