As someone who has gone through several formal education programs and taught in a variety of capacities, I am no stranger to the world of learning and education. We seem to be at a unique place in history with not only how we learn, but the value and importance we place on certifications and degrees. I recently sat down with Aaron Hockley—a photographer and good friend of mine—and talked in-depth about this topic. While we didn’t solve all of the problems, two takeaways are certain: First, you have the ability to learn anything you want to learn right now; and second, the outcome is less important than the journey you take to get there.
- Aaron Hockley / The Tech Photo Guy
- Strobist: Learn How to Light
- Professional Photographers of America
- Lynda.com (LinkedIn Learning)
- Secrets of a Buccaneer-Scholar: Self-Education and the Pursuit of Passion by James Marcus Bach
- Jonathan Livingston Seagull: The Complete Edition by Richard Bach
- The (Seven Deadly) Curiosity Killers
- Photo by Nathan Dumlao on Unsplash
- Support Getting Work To Work on ChrisMartinStudios.shop!
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter: The Curiosity Lab