Have you ever wondered how adults learn and the best way to structure courses for them? That is a driving question for Janelle Allen, an instructional designer and educator for Zen Courses. In this interview episode of Getting Work To Work, Janelle and I talk about what adults need in terms of structure and environment, along with the critical role that community plays in successful learning. We also dive deep into a variety of topics including learner-centered design, how online courses are new to the world of business, the importance of building courses that have a positive and profitable impact on your business (as opposed to the myth of passive income), and the power of self-awareness in understanding when it’s time to make changes.
- Zen Courses
- Janelle Allen on Twitter (@janelleallen)
- Why Your Internet Sucks | Patriot Act with Hasan Minhaj | Netflix
- Questlove Supreme
- Profit First: A Simple System to Transform Your Business from a Cash-Eating Monster to a Money-Making Machine by Mike Michalowicz
- Photo by Alex Perez on Unsplash
- Support Getting Work To Work on ChrisMartinStudios.shop!
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter: The Curiosity Lab