How many of you hit the reset button of your life on January 1st, 2023? This year is probably the first time I decided against resolutions and wishing for a different life. Not because I’m giving up or social media said I needed to, but because I have work to do—on myself, for my clients, and to bring the creative vision deep within me to life. I have always loved hitting the reset button, it is how I learned to play the guitar, after all, but this year is different. Instead of resetting to serve some idealized version of myself, I’m rummaging around on the floor amongst the broken pieces of life to see what’s there. In today’s episode of Getting Work To Work, I’m going to share five interesting pieces of the puzzle that each form their own intriguing vision of the future.
Five interesting pieces of a puzzle that each form their own intriguing vision of the future:
- Social media is not a true representation of reality.
- The platform will always consume the craft.
- AI is just another tool.
- Less communication, more expression.
- Embrace reverse scale; serve the person in front of you.
- ‘Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds’. The story of Oppenheimer’s infamous quote by James Temperton
- Meaningful Work: A Quest to Do Great Business, Find Your Calling, and Feed Your Soul by Shawn Askinosie with Lawren Askinosie
- Walk Through Walls: A Memoir by Marina Abramovic
- MoMA – Marina Abramovic: The Artist Is Present
- Photo by DeepMind on Unsplash