Podcast: Download (Duration: 8:04 — 11.1MB)
There is a lot of advice about how to network. I’m not really a fan of a lot of structured networking groups, but there are many benefits to finding opportunities that fit who you are as a creative professional. In this episode of Getting Work To Work, I share my thoughts on how to network and five ways to improve and increase your networking opportunities.
Five Ways to Increase and Improve Your Networking Opportunities
- Don’t be forced into a networking group you don’t like. There are a ton of groups and opportunities, find the ways you enjoy.
- Don’t think there is only one way to network.
- Set your expectations before you go in. Know what you want. Be specific and ask.
- If you’ve been in business for any stretch of time, look at where your best clients come from. That is an indicator of your network.
- Remember that the best way to sell your work and yourself is while you are working. Customer service and doing great work is better than any speech you can give to 100 people at breakfast.
- Support Getting Work To Work on ChrisMartinStudios.shop!
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter: The Curiosity Lab