Podcast: Download (Duration: 53:50 — 79.0MB)
What is the DNA of who you are and what you do? For today’s guest, the answer is in the notes and chords that make up the foundation of his music. Randy George is a bass player and multi-instrumentalist, most known for his work with Neal Morse. In this conversation, he shares the importance of trial and error, and the role influences play in discovering new sounds. He talks about the value of listening and hearing where the music wants to go, being flexible in the collaborative process, and how risk, doubt, and learning from failure are critical no matter where you are in your career. We also dive into his fascination with film and TV production.
- Randy George
- In The Light Of The King’s Countenance by Randy George
- Innocence & Danger by NMB
- A Question of Balance by The Moody Blues
- Can’t Look Away by Trevor Rabin
- Spock’s Beard
- McCartney 3, 2, 1 on Hulu (Official Trailer)
- Photo by Júnior Ferreira on Unsplash
- Support Getting Work To Work on ChrisMartinStudios.shop!
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter: The Curiosity Lab