Podcast: Download (Duration: 47:54 — 66.7MB)
How would you describe the smell of masking tape? It’s a simple question until you actually attempt to translate scent into words. Catherine Haley Epstein is a multi-hyphenate creative—artist, writer, designer, curator—and she is fascinated with the world of scents and smells. In this interview episode of Getting Work To Work, we explore her book Nose Dive: A Book for the Curious Seeking Potential Through Their Noses as well as the power of curiosity, not saying no, creativity as translation not expression, how chaos fuels creativity, and why smell is such a mystery. I hope you’ll find a whole new world to consider after hearing this conversation.
- Catherine Haley Epstein
- Nose Dive: A Book for the Curious Seeking Potential Through Their Noses by Catherine Haley Epstein
- Repository 225: Coronacation | When Things Fall Apart
- Mandy Aftel
- Gary Danko
- Johnny Cupcakes
- Taste: Surprising Stories and Science About Why Food Tastes Good by Barb Stuckey
- Remembrance of Things Past by Marcel Proust
- Photo by Toni Cuenca on Unsplash
- Support Getting Work To Work on ChrisMartinStudios.shop!
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter: The Curiosity Lab