Podcast: Download (Duration: 12:02 — 17.2MB)
Nothing inspires more dread and contempt within the introverted creative professional (myself included) than the word and subsequent action: network. Networking conjures up images of business cards, small talk, and the overly-enthusiastic sales person. Regardless of the negative connotations of networking, it is a critical function of your business development. You need a network, you need other people, and they need you.
7 New Ways to Network:
- Reach out and engage with the people you want to connect with.
- Get curious about the other person.
- Make networking part of a creative project.
- Invite people to events. If you are invited to an event, meetup with the person who invited you.
- Be a resource.
- Build relationships with a long-term focus.
- Don’t look at this person as a business vending machine.
- Photo by HIVAN ARVIZU on Unsplash
- The (Seven Deadly) Curiosity Killers
- Support Getting Work To Work on ChrisMartinStudios.shop!
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter: The Curiosity Lab