This week, I had plans to talk about another topic, but then Tuesday happened. Depression hit me hard and wouldn’t stop hitting me until I made it through my day and was able to go to bed. Upon reflection, I realized that my depression was caused by several changes in different areas of my life. In this episode of Getting Work To Work, I share six ways I get through moments of depression and melancholy.
Six Ways You Can Make It Through Periods of Depression and Melancholy
- Identify and write down your feelings and emotions.
- Spend time with people who build you up.
- Don’t give up. These moments of depression are just temporary.
- Take a break and do something fun.
- Work on a project that not only makes you happy, but gives you a sense of control.
- If you notice a serious pattern of depression, don’t be ashamed to seek help.