Podcast: Download (Duration: 48:41 — 68.8MB)
How do you respond to moments in life that fundamentally change who you are and what you do? For today’s guest on Getting Work To Work, his response includes gratitude, self-compassion, and love in action. Rae Senarighi calls himself an average cancer survivor and fine artist who transcends barriers and transforms fine art. His vibrant portraits of members of the transgender and non-binary community are a powerful reminder that no matter how different we are as human beings, there are many similarities. By telling these stories, Rae welcomes everyone onto the journey of understanding. In this conversation, Rae shares insights into his painting process, the weight of responsibility in telling trans stories, getting past negative self-talk, and how mistakes often fuel our growth.
- Rae Senarighi
- Rae’s Transgender Artist Manifesto
- Rae Senarighi (@transpainter) on Instagram
- First Time I Saw Me | Trans Voices | Netflix + GLAAD
- The 1619 Project
- Beyond the Gender Binary by Alok Vaid-Menon
- Sissy: A Coming-of-Gender Story by Jacob Tobia
- The Subtweet: A Novel by Vivek Shraya
- Yemaya’s Daughters by Lady Dane Figueroa Edidi
- Photo by Jenna S on Unsplash
- Support Getting Work To Work on ChrisMartinStudios.shop!
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter: The Curiosity Lab