Nothing better captures one’s attention in a sea of email subjects than the phrase “Butterfly Doula.” Elizabeth Blake-Thomas is not only nurturing a safe environment for butterflies to undergo the metamorphosis process, but she also applies that work to herself and others through her books and other creative endeavors. In this conversation, Elizabeth deeply shares her life experiences about curiosity, decision-making, perfectionism, and the stories of inspiration and delight that capture her heart. If you are someone who struggles with taking yourself too seriously, raising my hand here, her practice of laughing at yourself will help you. She also gives insight into brain breathing, an exercise that enables the “total reset of your brain” as part of her work called Medicine with Words which helps you live a life with intention and purpose.
- Medicine with Words
- Elizabeth Blake-Thomas on Amazon
- The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
- Wabi Sabi: The Wisdom in Imperfection by Nobuo Suzuki
- On Being Human: A Memoir of Waking Up, Living Real, and Listening Hard by Jennifer Pastiloff
- Ikigai: The Japanese Secret to a Long and Happy Life by Héctor García and Francesc Miralles
- Midjourney prompt for episode art: butterflies in the sky –ar 16:9