Podcast: Download (Duration: 8:32 — 12.5MB)
Earlier this week, I released my interview with Tré Seals and something he said got me thinking: where do I come from? Not just in the heritage of my ancestors, but in the lineage of creative leadership that got me to where I am today. Tré talked about the reality that he has not gotten to where he is today by himself. We are all influenced by people, but we also have opportunities to be influential in someone else’s life. In this episode of Getting Work To Work, I’m going to explore what it means to be a leader as we consider who has shaped us in the past and who we are shaping in the future.
Quotes Referenced in this Episode:
From To Bless the Space Between Us: A Book of Blessings by John O’Donohue:
“This is what all art strives for: the creation of a living permanence” (p. 131).
How to Trace Your Lineage of Creative Leadership:
- Who impacted you?
- How has their influence positively and negatively defined you?
- What can you learn from it?
- Who are you impacting?
- To Bless the Space Between Us: A Book of Blessings by John O’Donohue
- “Become Vocal” with Tré Seals (GWTW357)
- Interview with Ben Keeline (GWTW109)
- Photo by Ricardo Gomez Angel on Unsplash
- Support Getting Work To Work on ChrisMartinStudios.shop!
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter: The Curiosity Lab