Podcast: Download (Duration: 9:02 — 12.4MB)
Being a creative professional is amazing, but there is a trio of deadly emotions that can cause you to doubt your abilities, spend more time obsessing over other people, and become lazy: jealousy, envy, and complacency. I share how I struggle with these emotions and five ways to fight them. The secret weapon? Gratitude.
Five Ways to Fight Jealousy, Envy, and Complacency
- Realize no one’s perfect. Everyone has a story of struggle not being told.
- Never stop learning.
- Be grateful for what you have.
- Avoid the comparison trap.
- Realize someone may be looking at your work and life and becoming jealous, envious, or complacent. Be an approachable person and help them through those emotions.
- Support Getting Work To Work on ChrisMartinStudios.shop!
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter: The Curiosity Lab