Rana Campbell is a marketing strategist, content creator, and host of the Dreams in Drive Podcast – a podcast she launched in January 2016 that teaches creatives & lifestyle entrepreneurs how to take their dreams out of PARK and into DRIVE. In this episode of Getting Work To Work, we talk about what got her into podcasting and how her vision has evolved over the past two years, how she builds community and relationships, and who she would interview if she could. The answer may surprise you.
Several quotes from this episode:
- “Storytelling and hearing people’s stories was just something that I’ve always loved and I was holding this skill before I even knew that it would help me professionally.”
- “I was a big fiction reader. That probably inspired me, trying to figure out what is someone’s story. What is someone hiding? What more can we uncover through questioning and probing?”
- “When you’re building something, in the beginning I was building it for me and I was being very self-centered and thinking, ‘What do I want to know?’ But community is not about yourself.”
- “If you want to grow, you have to be willing to experiment.”
- “There’s always a way; you can figure it out.”
- “Everything you do is setting up how people are perceiving you and how people are remembering you, so make sure you are driving how you want to be remembered.”