Kelly Keigwin is a professional artist working in collage, ceramics, and photography infusing everything she does with humanity and storytelling. In this episode of Getting Work To Work, we talk about what she requires of her artwork, the stories behind several of her projects, the evolution of fear in her life and work, and what motivates her to create art.
Kelly passed away on July 19, 2019.
Several quotes from this episode:
- “It just all kind of comes out of me. I’ll have an idea and I just say, ‘What will happen if I try that?’ and that’s really kind of been my whole life.”
- “Whether it’s something having to do with looking at the journey of cancer, or it has to do with drawing silly, you know, like a dinosaur’s giving a heart to a unicorn on a mug, it’s just all having to do with reflecting connection…that’s just where it all comes from within me.”
- “Whatever we are, is enough.”
- “You want to do this thing with your life, do it. Things are always holding us back and we always say, ‘If I could just this, then I could that.’”
- “My life, my work, it all comes from the same place.”
- “You stare down death and you honestly say, ‘I’m going to say what I have to say and my voice matters and I know people will resonate with it.’”