Based in Australia, gough is the world’s first blind filmmaker. In this episode of Getting Work To Work, we talk about the work he’s done with his production company, Beernuts Productions, online at beernutsproductions.com and how he gets his work to work, his comedic and filmmaking heroes, how he funds his projects, and what his plans for 2018 are.
Several quotes from this episode:
- “I write the scripts myself, so I know how I want my films to look and sound and feel and all that kind of stuff. Then it’s just up to me to be able to convey my vision to my cast and crew.”
- “I’ve always loved storytelling and entertaining people. That’s always been a passion, ever since I was a little kid.”
- “When it came to my work, I knew that I could write, I knew that I could make really entertaining films. So, I just went for it. I went 100% full on.”
- “If you’re going to make fun of one side, you have to make fun of everybody. You gotta be fair in this world.”
- “It’s really important to make people laugh and to entertain folks…because after all mate, we’re only here for a short time, not a long time, so you may as well enjoy it.”
- “I think more people need to have an attitude like [The Gallagher Brothers]: this is my work, this is what I’m going to do, if you don’t like it, that’s fine, I really don’t care.”