Alison Cardy is a career truth teller who believes in living a life that actually feels like your own. She and her team have helped nearly 200 professionals find a great career fit through her proven CLARITY process. She is a frequent speaker at universities and alumni groups including Harvard, MIT, Georgetown, and her alma mater, The University of Maryland. Alison is the author of the bestseller, Career Grease: How to Get Unstuck and Pivot Your Career. In this episode of Getting Work To Work, we talk about career coaching, why people have a hard time with career management in today’s world, opening yourself up to the wisdom and counsel of others, and the importance of taking ownership of our lives.
Several quotes from this episode:
- “It’s never that people figure out their career by themselves. There’s always a guide, there’s always somebody who can see outside of you and really help you to maneuver your own career path.”
- “One of the things about careers that I tell people all the time: they’re tricky because they’re so close to us that it feels like we should just know.”
- “It’s really just talking to people and getting to understand their values and what’s most important to them in their life.”
- “One of the biggest things that I think helps people is to have a bigger vision for your life.”
- “Our brains are not perfect replicas of reality, they are based on our own series of experiences.”
- Cardy Career Coaching
- Alison Cardy (@cardycareers) on Twitter
- Career Grease: How to Get Unstuck and Pivot Your Career by Alison Cardy
- What Color Is Your Parachute? 2018: A Practical Manual for Job-Hunters and Career-Changers by Richard N. Bolles
- Finding Your Own North Star: Claiming the Life You Were Meant to Live by Martha Beck
- Support Getting Work To Work on ChrisMartinStudios.shop!
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter: The Curiosity Lab