Podcast: Download (Duration: 11:48 — 16.3MB)
I wasn’t expecting to learn much on my vacation, but the biggest lesson I learned came from my friend’s father-in-law: “Chris, we work hard, so that we can play hard, which then refuels us to work hard.” In this episode of Getting Work To Work, I talk about play and how it impacts our work, is essential for our growth, and is an antidote to boredom and monotony.
Four Things To Remember About Play
- Play doesn’t need purpose, but keep an eye out for lessons to learn while playing.
- Play brings perspective and change through stimulation and reflection.
- Play changes my face, my posture, and how I feel.
- Play stokes the fire of my curiosity and leads me to ask, “How can I play more?”
- Innovators of Vancouver Featuring Chris Stevens of Pop Octopus
- Support Getting Work To Work on ChrisMartinStudios.shop!
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter: The Curiosity Lab