Where does your curiosity lead you? For today’s guest, Paul Nylander, his curious nature has taken him from the world of high-energy physics to book design as he searches to understand how everything works. Paul is a book designer, engaging storyteller, and owner of Illustrada, a studio that collaborates with small presses and independent authors to get their ideas into the world. In our conversation, he shares his curious journey from physics to design. He also explores where his love for books comes from, the art and science of change, the nature of generalists and specialists, and the role of questions and trust in his design process.
- Alone Against the Atlantic by Gerry Spiess
- Feck Perfuction: Dangerous Ideas on the Business of Life by James Victore
- Inside Paragraphs: Typographic Fundamentals by Cyrus Highsmith
- Photo by Raphael Schaller on Unsplash
- Curiosity Builders
- Support Getting Work To Work on ChrisMartinStudios.shop!
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter: The Curiosity Lab