Podcast: Download (Duration: 12:02 — 17.1MB)
I think a lot about the creative life and how to stand out in an unlimited landscape of hobbyists and professionals. For the longest time, I thought that it was just time spent developing technical abilities, but as I have gotten older and more experienced, I realized that there was more at play. In this episode of Getting Work To Work, I’m going to dive into an unseen component of our creative life that fuels both our creative work and our life.
Six Ways Knowing Your Principles Can Help Your Creative Work:
- Understand the big picture so you can seek meaningful work and have a life worth living.
- Know what is important on a day-to-day basis, so that you can focus.
- Help you make better decisions and understand why you do what you do.
- Get out of a constant state of fear that you are missing out on work, experience, or whatever your brain is telling you because your work doesn’t look like what you see on social media.
- Give you courage to use your voice and technical abilities for the things that matter most to you.
- Break the cycle of needing to have an opinion on everything and instead focus on what you care about.
- Principles: Life and Work by Ray Dalio
- Support Getting Work To Work on ChrisMartinStudios.shop!
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter: The Curiosity Lab