Podcast: Download (Duration: 21:23 — 30.1MB)
Last week I had a fight with perfectionism and it won. I was working on my email newsletter and started getting that feeling that it wasn’t quite right. My heart started beating faster. Shortness of breath. What if I can’t write this perfectly? What will people think? How many people will unsubscribe because my thoughts aren’t fully formed? I psyched myself out. In today’s episode of Getting Work To Work, I’m going to explore the feelings of perfection and give some practical tips on working through it.
Quotes from Feck Perfuction by James Victore:
“Success goes to those who keep moving, to those who can practice, make mistakes, fail, and still progress. It all adds up.”
“Success is about action. Action beats worry. Action beats thinking. Action always wins.”
“Find those things that promote the proper growth and expansion of your life and work. Slow down, read, study, replenish your soul, and sharpen the ax.”
Five Feelings of Perfection
- Feck Perfuction by James Victore
- Dare to Lead: Brave Work. Tough Conversations. Whole Hearts. by Brené Brown
- Photo by Orane Thomas on Unsplash
- The (Seven Deadly) Curiosity Killers
- Support Getting Work To Work on ChrisMartinStudios.shop!
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter: The Curiosity Lab