What do you do when you feel lost on your creative journey? You do what today’s guest does: continue exploring the great unknown. Alicja Colon is a paper illustrator, tactile artist, and entrepreneur. She is the first person who comes to mind when I think of an artist constantly reinventing who they are and sharing the struggles and successes along the way. In this conversation, Alicja uses her brave voice of transparency and authenticity to talk about the sustainability of art and business. She talks candidly about burnout and how the freelance life affects not just herself but those around her. We then soar into the silver clouds of exploration, talking about visual analogies, curiosity, passion, and the power of personal declarations.
- Alicja Colon
- Unstationary – Teachable Moment Craft Kits
- Madebyalicia on Etsy
- Alicja Colon Livestreams on Behance
- Alicja’s tweet about her new job
- Interview with Alicja Colon (GWTW58)
- Creative Works Conference
- Ben Stafford
- Tommy Perez
- A Kids Book About
- The Rules of Royalty: Understanding Your Purpose, Privilege, and Position as a Member of God’s Royal Family by Audrey Aaron
- Support Getting Work To Work on ChrisMartinStudios.shop!
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter: The Curiosity Lab