Podcast: Download (Duration: 7:04 — 9.8MB)
I’m fascinated with excuses and one I have been hearing a lot lately is, “I’m too old.” The more I heard it from others, the more I listened for it when I said it to myself. Often I was saying it so I could blame something other than myself. In this episode of Getting Work To Work, I share some insight into the value of continuing to create as long as we possibly can as well as six ways you can overcome the excuse of “I’m too old!”
Six Ways You Can Overcome the Excuse of “I’m Too Old!”
- Take care of yourself physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Never stop learning new things. Living your life according to the old saying: “you can’t teach an old dog new tricks” is a horrible way to live life.
- Always be creating and sharing your work. You set an example of who you are and what you are able to do.
- Don’t worry about relevancy; instead think about legacy. Create a body of work. Note: Check out Pamela Slim’s book, Body of Work.
- Stop comparing yourself and your work to others.
- Have a well-rounded life; there is more to life than work.
- Support Getting Work To Work on ChrisMartinStudios.shop!
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter: The Curiosity Lab